Friday, November 12, 2010

Blog #11 If everyone lived "with our future in mind", do you think that we would live differently?

I think that society tends to live in the moment rather than thinking about what's in store in the future. It is definitely difficult not to because as people we tend to get caught up in the moment but unfortunately some of the choices we make end up having some very serious consequences to them. If people thought more rationally and less emotionally then I think that we could combat a lot of the issues that we face especially with a lot of the illnesses, diseases, etc. that have becoming on the rise. Simple changes such as eating healthy, and working out regularly are just a couple of ways to implement healthy change. As a society if we stop and think about our future and ask ourselves where we see ourselves in the next ten, fifteen, even twenty years I bet each one of us has high goals and aspirations that we set for ourselves. Unfortunately a lot of kayos and unexpected situations will arise between now and then both as individuals, and as a whole in society. If everyone could look into the future and see what is store for them I think that everyone would have different behaviors and different habits for not only themselves but also for the way we behave towards other people. Everyone is not guaranteed a free bill of health but if someone who smokes develops lung cancer I bet that person would think twice before smoking. Another thing that I think people would think twice before doing would be buying the big house and nice car when they can’t really afford it, and spend money they really don’t have because soon all of these bills and unexpected costs may come arise with little to no warning. It’s great to live in the moment but as individuals and as a whole we need to think rationally and think about our future and prepare for that and with whatever else is in store for us. The best thing we can do for ourselves is to set high goals and hope for the best but in the mean time we need to be making good decisions for both our health and our sanity.

-Brittany LeBron

No comments:

Post a Comment